Hi, I'm Chip
This is my personal website. Right now, it’s primarily a home for my blog, but I’m planning to add more projects soon.
Me in 30 seconds
I grew up in a small town in northern Michigan.
I attended the University of Michigan – Go Blue!
During my time at the University of Michigan, I interned at a startup and worked on real estate development projects with the State of Michigan’s economic development arm.
In 2014, I joined Venture for America, a two-year entrepreneurial fellowship program. Over the span of my fellowship, I worked at a geospatial software development company and co-founded a chat bot startup.
Now I’m at Uber, growing Uber Eats.
I’m interested in learning about new markets, probability, and customer motivation.
Selected blog posts
Here are some of my favorites:
- Throwing darts with a Monte Carlo simulation
- Doing the right things in the wrong order
- Forming an opinion on artificial intelligence and the labor force
- How I calculated breaks in a choropleth map
- Some thoughts on Eye in the Sky
- Deep work leads to results and satisfaction
- On ideation and feasibility
- A denser Detroit